Sunday, November 1, 2009

Antler Prejudice and New Layout!!


Well another week down, and a little more work done. This piece was my first real Photoshop painting. I've been wanting to do a painting where a person has antlers for a while, so this was a long time coming. I decided to have it be designed to go with a magazine article about different types of prejudices. I still need to tweak it a bit, probably by adding some reflecting yellows and blues in the actual characters rather than keeping them completely grayscale.

Next project for the class is to do an illustration to go along with a song from the 1960's. I'm fairly certain which I'm going to do, but the two that I've narrowed it down to are CCR's "Fortunate Son" and the Beatles' (and Joe Cocker's) "With a Little Help From My Friends."

Also, the big news is about the blog. I finally got my updated layout up. I'll still be doing some tweaking over the coming weeks, as well as adding a link to my new site, which will be up within the month. Let me know what you all think in the comments! Also, some details of familiar faces after the jump!





No comments: