Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Group Portrait


Here's an oil painting I just finished the other day. As I was working on it, I decided to focus on certain parts more than others, and layer them to death. I threw a little expressionism into this one combined with some tight rendering. First time I oil painted on gessoed board. It was fun but I think I like canvas better. Next figure painting I do is going to be either 18X24 or 20X24 on canvas depending on how I decide to format it. This one was 16x20.

Detail:



3 comments:

Alex Lyon said...

Ok I'm gonna go ahead and say this...Bad ass freakin painting. you use color like a prodigy. Keep updating. I don't get to see your stuff enough outside of class. lol

Eric Alessandrini said...

Thanks man, that really means a lot. And I'm gonna do my best to ad work here whenever I can. My goal is to get one thing up everyday for a week, and see where it goes from there.

Bernadette said...

Really really nice, I love the saturated colors and your paint strokes are lovely. You should paint more because this is totally sweet